Dating back to around 1850, the chapel was previously converted into 2 cottages, but was substantially extended in 1995 to provide spacious accommodation extending to over 2000 square feet. Chapel Cottage has many character features including Gothic arched windows and exposed beams and timbers, and stands on a slightly elevated site with OUTSTANDING VIEWS over Wimborne Minster and Pamphill.
The outbuildings include 3 stables, a tack room and a hay room, and there is an additional, secure office/cabin.
The original cottage has solid brick walls with stone and brick buttresses, while the more recent extension is of cavity brickwork with brick chimneys, all under a small plain clay tiled roof. In the past, Chapel Cottage had the benefit of a detailed planning permission and Certificate of Lawfulness to extend the cottage further, to nearly 2800 sq ft. This permission has lapsed but it is likely that it could be granted again by the Local Authority.
The property is connected to mains drainage, electricity and water and benefits from an oil fired heating system, wood burning stoves, and timber double glazed windows. A particular feature is a superb kitchen/family room with oak framed units, polished granite work surfaces and a Stanley range cooker. There are MAGNIFICENT VIEWS OVER FARMLAND from all principal rooms.
Directions: From Wimborne, proceed west along Julians Road to the LakeGates roundabout. Take the second exit onto Wimborne Road and turn left at The Lambs Green pub into Lambs Green Lane. Chapel Cottage can be found at the very end of the lane, on the right hand side.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: Band E
EPC BAND: Band F
This Promap image is not intended as a precise representation of the property’s boundaries or area of land. It should be treated as an approximate guide only. Interested parties should have their solicitor check the exact dimensions on the Title Plan.
VIEWING: By appointment through Christopher C Batten