Caterstone was converted in 1986 from a Victorian house to which two purpose built wings were added creating a comfortable retirement complex with a minimum residents age of 60 years. The complex benefits from a residents lounge, laundry room, guest bedroom suite with twin beds and an en suite shower room. Outside there is a courtyard garden and, subject to availability, residents' and visitors' parking.
A communal entrance door with security entry phone provides access to the reception hall (which has stairs and a lift to the first floor.) The door to apartment 2 leads to an entrance hall (with airing cupboard.) The lounge has newly fitted electric fire with a decorative surround, and an open plan kitchen has an excellent range of storage cupboards including integrated cooker, and space for fridge/freezer.
There is a double bedroom (with fitted wardrobe cupboards,) and a bathroom. Outside, there is a communal courtyard garden which has areas of block paved terracing and seating areas, with mature shrubs.
The property benefits from electric heating and sealed unit double glazing.
LEASE: 99 year lease commencing in 1986. GROUND RENT: £75 paid half yearly. MAINTENANCE: £1650 paid half yearly.
Directions: From Wimborne town centre, proceed along West Borough and staying in the left hand lane, proceed through the traffic lights near the Tivoli Theatre. By foot turn first right into Chapel Lane and turn left, under the archway, into Caterstone. The flats can be accessed by car from East Borough to the rear as Chapel Lane is a one-way street.
Council Tax Band: B
EPC Rating: D
Viewing: By prior arrangement through CHRISTOPHER BATTEN